1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Cowherd, Ugly American

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jul 12, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well I can see your point -- it is not nearly as complicated as a game that holds as its main strategy kicking a ball around until one person is open enough to try and kick it into a goal

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

American football, as great a game as it is, is excessively complicated and needlessly convoluted. The basic concept is really no different than basketball, hockey, soccer, rugby, lacrosse, etc.: Transport a ball into a goal. Only in football does that process require a playbook the size of the Manhattan Yellow Pages.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Cowherd is scum... His soon-to-be ex-wife must feel pretty lucky.

He talks about all women like they're meat and there have been rumors since the day he arrived at ESPN about his love of the interns and the young producers of his show, most of whom he talks about on the air...

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

And yet it almost always comes down to the Jimmys and Joes rather than the X's and O's.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Joe Soucheray's "Garage Logic" on WMSP in Minneapolis is great talk radio.

I also listened to "Prairie Home Companion" again recenlty after many years. They were doing the show fro the Bershires and james Taylor was the guest. Some may say it has jumped the shark, but it's still far better than average listening nearly every time.

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

"To The Best Of Our Knowledge" is another good NPR program. Cowherd? It has to be an act, a pay-attention-to-me gimmick. He can't be that corrosive in real life, can he?

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not to mention the 18-hour-a-day workaholic coach, without whose commitment to the task at hand prevented last week's 35-3 loss from becoming a 42-3 loss.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

His act has definitely gotten old to me. I don't even turn him on lately. His condescending manner pissed me off once too often.

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

What's so ugly about this guy?

[​IMG]

10. times38

times38 Member

I used to enjoy listening to him in small doses, but I probably haven't listened to him in two years.

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

He is certainly not a rocket scientist by any measure. The man is turned on by Victoria Beckham. That says it all.

12. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

What's amazing about CC is how little material he has. He'll take one (weak) thought and milk it for half an hour.

Draft saved Draft deleted