1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Cowherd really makes some great picks on his radio show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 15, 2010.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What a dickbag.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No surprise, there.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Colin Cowherd reporting on his latest finding.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

He'll make a good point once in a while, then beat it to death over the next 20-30 minutes or so. Tiresome.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Replace Cowherd with Francesa picking his nose.

You'll have nightmares all night long.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

You guys can make fun of that jackass as much as you want, but I think it's impressive that a donkey has learned to pick its own nose without the use of opposable thumbs.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I wasn't making fun of him per se. I actually like him. A pal of mine interviewed Michelle Beadle when SportsNation visited the Big 10 campuses a few weeks back. Cowherd was very nice to him when he talked to him.

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I was making fun of him, per se.

It's like he read the first chapter of a Philip Roth or Ayn Rand novel, went no further, applied that philosophy to sports, and made a career out of it.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

My favorite was when he was waxing poetic about how you can tell that Notre Dame is not a top tier program any more - he said it isn't like Alabama, USC, Tennessee, Florida, etc. in that, those programs, it doesn't matter who the coach is they are almost always going to win 10 games and compete for the national title while Notre Dame has to hire the right coach to have a chance to compete at that level......

Which makes me wonder if he remembers the Mike Shula, Paul Hackett, the last three seasons (counting this one) in Knoxville (and let's face it, does anyone really believe Dooley is winning anything in the SEC?) and the Ron Zook era.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

A few things, how is SportsNation still on TV? That show is awful, and I don't know who is worse off, the hosts or the people who actually vote (I still think the lady on the show looks like the lady from Reno 911).

Secondly, why would someone in the media (assuming he or she is) interview another member of the media. Before I got to my current shop, I guess they ran a small story on Stuart Scott when ESPN was making the rounds in 2005 for the 50 states thing. I never understood that.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

SportsNation is still on TV because of the millions of losers who jack-off to Beadle.

Draft saved Draft deleted