1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Cowherd Bashing Baseball Writers on Hall of Fame Votes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by eyeonsportsmedia, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Once you get through it, you'll understand that he is the radio equivalent of Faye Dunaway character in "Network."

2. Hey Einstein, I think you meant "threw"

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Point, foaf. 15-Love.

4. LeoDrummond

LeoDrummond New Member

If we're crediting typo geniuses here, I think we have quite a few building atomic bombs.

5. I have been in georgia too long..fergot how to spl...

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

or not long enough, douche

7. He did not mention Canseco or the fame argument today. If he had, I would have turned him off.

8. Responded offline. Your choice of whether to reply or not.

9. You still haven't said - online or 'offline' - why you found his comments interesting, Eyeon, I'm just curious to know.

10. That was fantastic.

11. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

He's one of many, and I think you know it. The orders are to grab the largest share and hold it as long as you can. Limbaugh was right when he said that.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When I heard the Cowherd segement I was certain he was wrong about Carter. No Way did that guy make the Hall of Fame. So yes, I think the fact that Carter was a good quote and played in New York for a spell and played on a Series winning team had a lot to do with him getting in. If he stayed in Montreal, I really doubt he goes in.
    But give Carter credit for doing what he had to do during his career. I'm surprised the BBWA is still allowing its voters to be involved with this thing. I've got to think there is a lot of turnover in beat writers between the time a player plays and when he becomes eligible for the Hall.

Draft saved Draft deleted