1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Cowherd Bashing Baseball Writers on Hall of Fame Votes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by eyeonsportsmedia, Jan 9, 2008.

1. I'm not a sportswriter, blogger, but I did just report all that from memory - from a show I heard 12 hours ago. So if you're going to start an inane thread here about what someone said, at least give some context - and don't insult the people who do it for you.

2. Jesus god, haven't you heard his show?
    Henry VIII got divorced with less publicity.

3. He's arrogant and self-centered, but for some reason I can't bring myself to dislike Cowherd. Sometimes I have to change the station for a while as he drags on and on about some stupid, self-centered analogy, but I always come back.

He's definitely better than SAS.

I can't tell you how happy I am that our local sports show preempts him.

4. LeoDrummond

LeoDrummond New Member

That was a nest of contradictions.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

If Cowherd said Raines isn't getting into the HOF because he wasn't nice to the writers, then he knows even less about everything than ever imagined. He's about as solid as it gets.

As for Carter, there was also a belief that he had to wait a couple extra years because he was TOO nice to the writers.

Bottom line: Anyone who thinks the BBWAA election is about who was and wasn't nice to the writers is a complete fucking fool. That argument is as tired as shit.

6. We don't always dislike people with less-than-admirable traits. That's a truth, not a contradiction.

7. Hey Einstein, you were the one who through threw the first dig, not me. I posted it as a one liner while it was on the air and did not feel a need to put any more. I thank you for filling in tne detail I left out...

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey Eye you ever hear from the NFL Network spokesman?

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If you want to know what Cowherd thinks of the Hall of Fame, and how fucked it is, just read this. It pretty much sums up everything you need to know about the guy, including his disgusting misogyny:

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/2006/01/12-minutes-of-hell-with-colin-cowherd.html

Again: I'm a little stunned ESPN lets him keep working. He must come cheaper than he acts, but he lowers, without question, the overall product of the network.

10. Do you ever add anything of value to anything or do you post other people's stuff. Care to say what about Cowherd's rant you thought was interesting and why?

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Nice pull, Alma. I love firejoemorgan.

12. I agreed with the first 41 percent of that post.
    I didn't need to read the rest of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted