1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colin Cowherd a "spoiled little ****head."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SockPuppet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Professions with 6.2 million positions aren't going to be given an elite wage. Public, private or a combination of the two.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

CC pays a measure of attention to college football, so he has some fuzzy
    idea of what's going on, there.

NFL? Clueless.

As with the majority of unlistenable guys, if a particular guest has some value in your eyes, have at it. Otherwise . . . feh.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's Cowherd in a nutshell to me. And the rest of his genre, for that matter.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

OOP, my family has worked in unions and they'll tell you the same thing YGBFKM said: the unions' power has dwindled since it's hey days of the '80's. And they want to see the unions start dumping the lazy fuckers that are giving the unions a bad name.

Either Taibbi didn't like what Cowherd said or he's channeling into a younger pissed off Bissinger.

What's the hell is wrong with a guy making an opinion? Not everything Cowherd says it going to be fact, unless he has the numbers to prove it.

Taibbi apparently didn't get the message: sports radio today is about generating listenership, even if it means saying outlandish shit (Francesca), offering an out-of-box theory (Cowherd), or just shouting (JT the Brick). Taibbi might be right about what he wrote about the NFL CBA and potential lockout, but even he sounded like a little whiny cocksucker by taking that shot at Cowherd.

Dude, ignore the noise, and write a dissenting opinion. How this is a thread is beyond me.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

D-3,

Here's the deal. Lazy or bad bosses are tolerated, expected or joked about.

Lazy workers still drawing a paycheck are the reasons unions suck and should be abolished.

Seems like a bit of a double standard.

Can't we agree that there are probably always going to be bad workers and bad bosses and that it still might be of some value for unions to protect the good workers from getting canned just so the balance sheet looks rosy to investors?

Oh, and in my opinion, Cowherd is an idiotic blowhard.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Listened to Cowherd for about 3 weeks several years ago when the other station in town changed their programming at that time.

Found him and his show to be appalling at worst, and unintentional comedy at best, mostly for the complete lack of logic and the absurd 'if A= B, then C must = D' arguments he would spew (especially when A did not necessarily = B).

Pretty much turned me off on the show right there. Refuse to listen in the car.

Was home sick one day this summer and flipping through the TV, and I see dickforbrains on ESPN making the case for why Votto shouldn't be an all-star. Click.

If you want to waste your time on this waste of talent and airways, go ahead. I'll pass, thank you, and be much better off for it.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Taibbi strikes me as another Skip Bayless. Nobody can be that angry, about everything, all the time.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You should follow Buzz Bissinger on twitter.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lazy workers haven't hurt unions - technology and a more global economy has.

Anybody see the story about Harley-Davidson threatening to move out of Milwaukee if the union didn't agree to a seven-year wage freeze and the hiring of non-union part-timers?
    The union agreed.

10. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I've heard Cowherd about four times in the past two months. Each time he talked about the Reds being pretenders and couldn't hold off the Cardinals no matter what else was going on in the sports world.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I caught a couple of those Reds rants recently, and they aren't so much about how they can't win the division, but how it's not a team that can win in the playoffs. He's right.

12. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

Ace, I laughed out loud at the Bissinger line ... well played.

Draft saved Draft deleted