1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coleco baseball, or other crazy stuff of yours at your parents' house

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Bought my first APBA baseball game in 1985. 6-6 was a guaranteed home run. If you had a pitcher batting (or Vince Coleman), you had to roll 6-6 back to back to hit one out. Fun game. We even doctored the play-board results to include brawls and suspensions.

Had this game too. Still remember the call "A leaping interception, he's going to go all the way ... touchdown!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

How did you get the players to actually do anything though? I never did to any satisfaction. How were you supposed to manipulate those little things at their feet to make them move differently? Such a frustrating game.

3. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

That's really cool. I remember the Christmas I got the thing, my Dad and I played with that thing from 6 a.m. until my mother came in around 10 p.m. Christmas night and said "ENOUGH!"

I plugged it in and it still works. And yes, the players do have minds of their own. The stats we'd get from those games were pretty hilarious.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

:'( :'( :'(

[​IMG]

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Christmas 1985. One of the best nights ever. I quickly mastered the winger-passing-to-the-center-for-a-goal play.

And I haven't watched a hockey game in 10 years, but if I had this game or NHL '94 on Sega, I wouldn't emerge from my apartment for a month.

[​IMG]

6. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

THIS GAME RULED! I also will never forget the Christmas I got it. As we set it up to play, I mentioned to my dad and little bro how happy I was that "Santa Claus" brought it to me. See, I knew the truth, but my bro didn't, so I played it up for him.
    Well, he was about 8 maybe and he got a puzzled look on his face and said, "No, Santa didn't bring it."
    Me: Yes he did, here is the tag, see!"
    Him: But I saw it in the back of the car.

-- uncomfortable pause between me and dad as we stared stupidly at each other--

His eyes welled up as he figured it out, and dad looked at me and said, "You better tell him."
    So I gave him the truth right there and he bawled like a baby.
    Then I bawled like a baby when my guy was killed by Brigands for the umpteenth time that afternoon.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Unibomber, you'll appreciate this:

http://www.hotflashgames.com/darktower.htm

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Man good memories.

I loved Basket, table hockey and electric football (bzzzzzz wait stop, here's a pass, it hit him!!)

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Man, I sucked at that thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted