1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coleco baseball, or other crazy stuff of yours at your parents' house

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Mar 17, 2009.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

That game was brutal, but those lines are classic!!

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Spnited, Buck: That's the game. My Bas-ket box cover looked exactly like Spnited's.

I also had an Aurora HO auto racing set that was awesome.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

If you had one of these, we could do some business.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

Wow, is that phallic.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I know it's not quite the same, but a note to anyone with a Nintendo Wii: They're offering Commodore 64 games on the Virtual Console now.

Also, was anyone into APBA baseball? It was a dice/card game. Each player had a card, you rolled the dice and whatever came up (like 3-4, 4-5 or 6-6), the player card had a number (like 2, 3 or 4). Then you went to these big cardboard charts to tell you what happened. There was a different one for every situation.
    My dad and I used to play the hell out of that game. He had the 1980 card set. We drafted two 25-man teams, eventually added a 10-man minor league squad, and played a whole season. We even combined a game board and pieces from another baseball game so we had a field and players to follow around while we played. We played a whole season one summer.
    Good times.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

That's so true -- I saved a lot of the crap I had when I was a kid (including the Matchbox car collection), but wish more of it had been saved. My mom (without asking) got rid of all of my Star Wars and G.I. Joe toys at one point. She still winces when I mention how much that stuff would be worth on eBay now.

I also wish I still had the Speak 'n' Spell. Though this emulator is pretty cool:

http://www.speaknspell.co.uk/

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My dad still has an electric football game or, more accurately, he did until the last time I visited him :)

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It'll be like baseball cards. If the next generation learns its lesson and holds on to all this stuff, it won't be valuable anymore.

The reason it's valuable now is because nobody thought to save it.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think my parents also still have my Merlin, my Speak 'n' Spell, my Speak 'n' Math, and this:

[​IMG]

10. highlander

highlander Member

Anyone remember Mattel Talking Football?

[​IMG]

11. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    My old man and I painted whole squads for the SEC and NFL. And we did Notre Dame, Nebraska, USC, Penn State and a few other college teams too. God, I loved electric football. Even if you had no earthly clue where the players were going to go. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

12. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Put together and eight-team league and played out a season -- the Steelers beat the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl -- and made a "media guide" recap of the year with stats, etc. Still have that.

Draft saved Draft deleted