1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cole Hamels

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CradleRobber, Sep 16, 2006.

1. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

He sure is throwing VERY WELL against the Astros right now.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Easy to see where this thread is going ...

3. CradleRobber

Dellucci just homered to give the Phillies a 1-0 lead.

4. part-timer

part-timer Member

You had to feel bad for the kid who dropped Ryan Howard's "double". FOX had a couple shots of him in tears.

5. CradleRobber

It's driving me crazy that I have to watch it unfold on Yahoo! GameChannel because I won't have any television channels until the Comcast guy shows up "between 1 and 5."

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Exactly. Ryan Howard's "double".

He sat for awhile that inning. Will be interesting to see what he does here against 4-5-6. He's also already up to 83 pitches.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Broken up. And it probably wouldn't have mattered, because he was up to 100 pitches in the 7th inning.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Damn you, Adam Everett.

9. part-timer

part-timer Member

Sorry, I was channeling my inner-Conlin when Howard was up. I know he's over 100 pitches, but methinks he needs to go nine innings.

10. CradleRobber

I added Hamels from waivers as soon as I heard about him this season, and will definitely draft him and Chad Billingsley in the early rounds next season.

One of my favorite baseball quotes:

Adam Dunn, who was 0-for-1 with a walk versus Hamels, was tired of hearing about Hamels before he faced him. "Geez, you can't help but hear about it," Dunn said. "I hear he's the next Cy Young. What did he have, a minus-7 ERA in the minors? We were scared to death … Why don't they pay him $150 million, tell him thanks for all you've done, send him home and put him in the Hall of Fame right now?"

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

No biggie, part-timer. From the sounds of things on Gameday Audio (stuck with NYY-Bos here), it was definitely gone.

And Brad Lidge is getting destroyed by the bottom of the Phils' order. Houston fans are all over him.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, the kid ain't bad.

I couldn't pry Hamels off waivers but was offered him via trade, er, heist in the SportsJournalists.com "Some Idiots" League. (Hi shotglass! :D)

Draft saved Draft deleted