1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cold-send resumes to big papers?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thanks for comin' out, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yea, I do. Those 22,229 posts are so intimidating. Sir, if I would have seen that before, I assure you ... I don't .. no trouble.. please.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

god, the ignorance continues.

and, btw, i'm more chill now than i was when i was working on post no. 10. that number alongside my name is irrelevant to just about everybody but you.

3. Yea, I could tell by the lack of capital letters exactly how chill you are. Sorry again homie.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you'll go far, dick.

5. Whoa, whoa whoa.. c'mon man. Chill dudes like us don't get hostile.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm not fired up at all. just calling a dick a dick. it's really that simple.

7. OK, good. You were sounding totally not-chill for a second there.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you bore me, dick.

9. And I'm sorry to hear from the mountain top that I won't be going far.
    That + prison shank = Totally-not-chill for me.

10. That's what she said.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Wow. What class.

12. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Ah, to be young, dumb and full of ... well, I think we all know how that line ends.

And TFCO, I don't think you need to worry anymore about being picked up by a "dream" paper now that you have shown your true colors. Since I know of at least one SE at a paper that falls into that category is a frequent visitor this board, he'll smell you coming from 1,000 miles away, and then it won't be long before "No Entry" signs stop popping up everywhere, so you might as well get comfy where you're working right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.