1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cold-brewed tea - opinions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Jan 9, 2013.

1. godshammgod

godshammgod Member

I should do this. I buy the big jugs of Tradewinds unsweetened ice tea. It's very good, but I could probably save money by brewing my own stuff.

I like all things cold. I'll drink iced coffee and iced tea all winter long.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Simple syrup

3. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I use my mother's recipe. Three quarts of water in a pot, bring to a boil. Drop in half a cup of sugar and stir to dissolve, then six decaf teabags and two flavored (I prefer Bigelow's Constant Comment). Let sit for a few hours to cool. Take five or six mint leaves from the garden and put into the bottom of a pitcher. Pour tea into the pitcher, stick in the fridge. Delicious iced tea awaits soon after. I make that year-round.

I am most definitely a loose hot tea person (2-3 cups a night in the newsroom), but it's always a treat at home to have it iced.

Draft saved Draft deleted