1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cold and Flu Rememdies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Malt vinegar is even worse.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

No, there's no way in hell you should have worked. The only way I could understand it is you were the only person at your shop who could do your job. And then, you still need to find a way to get that rest.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Yes, you should call in sick Friday. I had this same argument with my former editor. I'll tell you the same thing.

You're not doing anyone any favors by showing up sick. You're spreading it around. You'll get the rest of us sick. You feel like sh*t, you're not going to be worth a damn anyway, because you can't function. So you're actually going to make more work for us because we'll have to doublecheck everything you do.

So stay home!

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I agree. And I'm always the one saying under my breath "shoulda stayed home!" to people who come in sick.

I have a college hoops game Saturday I don't want to miss. So, hopefully a day's rest and I'm good.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Eat some Ramen and sweat it out.

6. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

It's the super fever that makes you do stupid shit like spell fever wrong.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

If I had anything resembling an upset stomach, I wouldn't touch orange juice.

the last time I had OJ was when my sister and I were being babysat when I was 7 or 8. I had an upset stomach and I drank some OJ for some reason. My stomach churned but I managed not to yack. Right then, at least.

A few hours later my parents came home and my dad came in to say good night. He was sitting on the edge of the bed asking me about the night when my stomach churned again. This time, there was no stopping it. I interrputed my dad with a rainbow of vomit.

"MA!!!" Dad yelled. "GET IN HERE! BYH JUST THREW UP!!!!"

Haven't drank OJ since. I look at it and I think about the big ol' stain I left on my childhood mattress.

8. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I don't know you, but I have a feeling that portion of your post is going to be exploited by many of your friends here at SportsJournalists.com. :)

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why do you hate byh, noob?

10. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

No, I like BYH (well, I don't know him, but I think his posts are entertaining for the most part).
    But, I have a very juvenile sense of humor and when I saw the sentence "... big ol' stain I left on my childhood mattress" I laughed like a ninth grader at toilet humor. My co-workers and I wait for sentences like that, so we can pounce on each other with insults (not mean spirited, of course). Good times.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well, we don't do "that" around here. we treat each other with respect.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're a filthy, fucking liar, Tomas.

Draft saved Draft deleted