1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cold and Flu Rememdies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 31, 2008.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, my wife's always into me when I have to reach over her constantly to get the tissues, I'm hacking up goo and covered in head sweat.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When I was 9, I learned a friend's dad was named Ralph. That provided us with hours of entertainment. I've grown up a bit since then. Now I just laugh for a few minutes and move on to my next distraction.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm a proponent of chicken soup (usually chicken noodle or cream of chicken, though sometimes chicken broth) and orange juice. More important, get lots of REST. Illnesses such as those drag on longer when you constantly push yourself.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Like posting 2,000+ times in a month?

Or getting lai ... oh, wait.

:D

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Lots of fluids. Toast, 7Up, jello and chicken noodle soup.

Tylenol for aches and fever.

Vicks is mandatory.

Don't shut out the idea of getting a dose of antibiotics. If it's the crap that's been floating around here, both Rosebuds had to get the heavy-duty stuff before they started getting better.

And I don't take them to the doctor at the first sniffle, either.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Exactly. If I'm contagious, I don't want her to get sick, too. When one of us is ill, that person sleeps in the guest room. I've been there since Saturday night. I'm finally returning to our room tonight.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

So I shouldn't have worked the past two days? Today, I could barely shower but made it to work.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Momma Rosie says get thee to bed and get rest. NOW! There comes a time when trying to work while on your death bed is a bad idea.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I know. I should really call in sick Friday. What I need is about 24 hours of bed rest.

10. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Quick fix: A hot-tottie - lemon tea with a 1/2 shot of whiskey and about a tablespoon of honey.
    Touchy stomach: Stick to the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce, toast
    OTC Drugs: The Theraflu line has been good to me in the recent past, plus it forces consumption of liquids.

Get well soon!

11. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

make a cup of tea and add the following: honey, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper.

it sounds nasty, but i had some flu-like shit recently and this concoction kicked its ass. it should be noted, you need to keep stirring it to keep the cayenne afloat. but it will clear you out and help with a sore throat if you have one.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You had me until you said "vinegar."

Ugh ... I hate that stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted