1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colbert vs. O'Reilly: so much for those who said it would never happen...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackS, Jan 10, 2007.

1. JackS

JackS Member

...as I said it probably would.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/cabletv/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003530006

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Re: So much for those who said it would never happen...

Wow. That's going to be funny.
    By all accounts, O'Falafel is a fan of Colbert. Maureen Dowd pointed out that Colbert had to be a fan too, since he couldn't do such a good parody without being a fan of the show.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

“It is an honor to speak face-to-face with a broadcasting legend, and I feel the same way about Mr. O’Reilly,” Colbert said.

Classic.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Looks like I'll be setting the Tivo to the Fox News Channel for the first time ever.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Must watch.

Both.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Right now I'm thinking "if I forget to tape them, I'll just watch on YouTube"

7. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Looks like Mr. O'Reilly is desperate for ratings. He's got to be smart enough to know that the joke is on him. What is he going to say? I am a complete douche just like the guy you play.

Get him Stephen.

8. JackS

JackS Member

Oh yeah, he's desperate for ratings. ::)

The guy has gone on practically every show there is (TDS, The View, Today, Oprah, Leno, Letterman, blah, blah, blah) since he's been on the air and now he's "desperate" because he's going on Colbert?

Egomaniac? Check.

Shameless self promoter? Check.

Desperate for ratings? He's doing Colbert a bigger favor than Colbert is doing him, goofball.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Guess O'Reilly missed the Correspondents Dinner.

Draft saved Draft deleted