1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colbert Report alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Louisville's Congressman John Yarmuth, a former newspaper guy, is the subject of tonight's Better Know a District. Considering his office sent out a press release indicating the segment will show the most embarrassing three minutes from the interview, it should be pretty good.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Sometimes you need to get rid of a kitten and sometimes you have a woodchipper laying around and what better way to get rid of a kitten than a woodchipper?
    I wish I had some coda kitties right about now ...

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

So a semi-serious question:

If you're that concerned about your image, why the FUCK would you consent to be interviewed by Colbert? It's not exactly a Wayne's World-esque local cable-access show here, so these politicans/public figures who plead ignorance ("uhh, uhh, I didn't think they'd show the embarrassing parts!") don't get any benefit of the doubt. Don't these people have handlers to warn them about these appearances?

But damn, it's good TV. :D

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It's like a pitcher whom a coach tells, "listen, don't try throwing your fastball past this guy."

Well, that guy's ego is likely going to lead to throwing the fastball.

5. I actually thought Congressman Yahoo didn't come off too bad, as far as those things go.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I wouldn't really call Yarmuth a "newspaper guy." He was editor of a free alternative weekly. He's basically a rich, spoiled kid who was bored, didn't know what to do and decided to run for Congress. At least, that's how I always saw him.

He's a two-termer at most. But I will have to catch the rerun of the Colbert Report for that one.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

For those of us who didn't get a chance to see Colbert, can anyone please offer a bit of background?

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

LEO was a good paper, a must read, when he was in charge of it. Now? Not so much.

And Yarmuth is no more spoiled than Anne Northup was, and although I respected her, it was time for her to go.

BTW, here's a link to the video.

http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/?lnk=v&ml_video=83449

Draft saved Draft deleted