1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colbert gets his rocks off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 5, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for the Gold Medal hockey game on Feb 28. I'm hoping it's Canada/USA but I bet it's Canada/Russia.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'll watch as much as possible. Probably a lot of speedskating, and a lot of snowboarding trickery where someone could crack their skulls.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

that's not a bad idea. i've always thought there were more events i like to watch in the summer. now that there's beach volleyball they can also move the traditional volleyball to the winter. the summer has more events that take a long time, basketball, boxing, wrestling all take 2 weeks. other than hockey, the rest of the winter events could be 4 days or less.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Like a bell that had a hubcap thrown at it.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

FYI: Athletics is not vague. It's track and field. That's just the way it's labeled in international circles.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I know what he's talking about. In speedskating, for example, you see the same people competing in the sprints as the distance races. That doesn't happen in track -- Bolt won't be entering the 10,000 or even the 1,500 anytime soon -- though it does show up to a lesser extent in swimming.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wouldn't it be cool if they had hurdles in speed skating?

A steeplechase on skates would be especially awesome.

They could also change up the biathlon and give the guns to the skaters instead of to the skiers. And make the rule that they have to shoot in mid-stride.....none of this stopping and aiming bullshit. :D

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

How about having to shoot from a bobsled?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Or, if you're gonna give guns to skiers, give 'em to the ski jumpers. Have them shoot at the IOC tents and trailers as they come off the ramp. The fatter the cat that you plug, the more points toward your result.

And it's too bad the Summer Olympics in Los Angeles weren't in '94 instead of '84. Drive-by shooting could have been a demonstration sport there for sure, and they wouldn't have had to spend a dime on getting the venues ready! ;D

10. froggy

froggy Guest

A Katerina Witt would do no harm here.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Just get the Jackass guys to do it and then a bunch of 16-year-olds join in, and it will be an Olympic sport.

Apparently, that has been the shitty criteria the past 20 years in adding sports.

Meanwhile, the IOC keeps fucking over female athletes (can't believe softball is out).

I'd love to line up the IOC members and kneecap avery single fucking one of them.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Female ski jumpers agree with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted