1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colbert gets his rocks off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/05/colbert-passes-stones-wit_n_411438.html

Fucking brilliant.

Funniest guy in my lifetime

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Colbert is probably the only reason anyone is talking about the winter olympics.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Are people talking about the Winter Olympics? Hell, I forgot all about it until I saw a commercial on NBC this past weekend.

4. Mizzougrad96

When Colbert makes the SI cover, it tells you what SI thinks about the athletes.

I'm with you, I could not give half a shit about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

Colbert made the SI cover? What the hell for?

I enjoy the Winter Olympics. I'll watch the speed skating, some of the downhill skiing and prolly some of the curling. And I like the luge, too.

That said, I'll prolly watch five minutes of each.

6. Mizzougrad96

Short of the US making the Gold medal game in hockey I won't watch a second of it. I hope the networks don't shut down their programming opposite the Olympics, because I'm guessing the majority of people will not be watching either.

7. JackReacher

Don't the Olympics always get huge ratings?

8. Mizzougrad96

Winter less so than Summer, in large part because the U.S. doesn't usually fare very well. Figure skating does well, skiing, hockey, speedskating does OK.

I covered the 2002 games and even when I was in SLC I got the sense that very few people cared.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. JackReacher

Old people love the figure skating.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The majority of the events are fine.

The accompanying nose-picking horseshit is not.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In 2006 Olympic ratings were second or worse on five of 17 nights. And NBC couldn't even claim victory for the February "sweeps" month.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

With the exception of figure skating, I love, love, love the Winter Olympics. Ski jumping, luge, short-track speedskating, downhill -- those guys are freaking crazy.

Draft saved Draft deleted