1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colbert 10/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Was tonight a repeat?

George L. as the green-screen finalist.... brilliant!

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Jane kissed him... and a stunned Colbert managed...."You smell good."

Funny, even when totally taken aback.

There is no bigger pro working right now.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Links anyone for the above?

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I saw one last night that started with Colbert issuing apologies to all the Colbert Report interns he'd sexually harrassed ... the camera pans this pissed off group staring him down during the apology — four or five girls, and then a dude.

Priceless.

5. JackS

JackS Member

Yeah, the last two nights were outstanding...especially the Fonda and Steinem segment. Colbert is super when he mixes it up. I'm tired of "The Word" and some of his other repetitive schtick, but the last two nights were fresh and funny.

BTW, there's a good feature on him in the latest issue of New York magazine...

http://nymag.com/news/politics/22322/index.html

6. JackS

JackS Member

I don't know if I'd agree TDS is stale so much as they've been hurt by the loss of their best sidekicks, as is mentioned in the NY mag piece. Helms was one of my favorites, and I was wondering what had happened to him until I read that story (obviously, I don't watch The Office).

It just seems like a revolving door of sidekicks now.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

John Oliver is establishing himself quickly as the King of TDS Sidekicks. I had wondered where he had been in the past few weeks, but then last night's segment showed him breaking his nose (for real) in a pratfall as a Civil War re-enactor. He's even got the Eric Idle accent.

Plus losing Colbert, Corddry and Helms practically all at once is a pretty huge blow, so it's going to be probably another year or so before TDS can think of having another Murderer's Row. Though there's time to develop one before the 2008 election.

8. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

George L. looked pissed when he lost the green screen challenge. :)

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Colbert has really been on his game in recent months. The Fonda-Steinham segment was brilliant beyond words, really. To have those two females talking about an empowering radio station -- while cooking?! -- so deliciously genius.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

And a nation of Star Wars geeks proclaimed: "If only Hayden Christiansen could act so well."

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Merci.
    That's hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted