1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coke vs. Pepsi -- let's get it on!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Diet Coke for me. That, skim milk and H2O are my lifeblood, I'm afraid.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I can taste a difference, but I still agree with you. More often than not, I go with whichever is cheaper.

Of course, if one or the other had a variety sweetened with cane sugar that was readily accessible, I'd join their cause in an instant.

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

No love for Mr. Pibb? ;)

I give Pepsi the slight edge, but I have no real problems with Coke. I had a roommate in college who loved his rum and Cokes. One light night when no Coke-Cola was available, he whipped up some rum and Pepsis. Good god was that awful. Some things just aren't meant to go together.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I grew up in a divided household. Mom and I drank Coke. My father and brother drank Pepsi or Cherokee Red (regional drink I've never seen anywhere but Pittsburgh).

Then the wife got into the marketing business and started getting us coupons for free Pepsi. I always hated Diet Coke, but I found Pepsi One to be decent. Now I am a full-on convert, though I am fine with either one these days.

Should I be ashamed of my traitorous ways?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Take water out of the equation because nothing beats a tall glass of cold water.

But the next best thing is a cold, cold fresh Coca Cola. Oh, the burn going down!

Pepsi sucks.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If you can get Jones Soda, do so. The bottles are "Jones Pure Cane Soda." I've only had the cream soda, but it tastes like liquid cotton candy. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Dr Pepper
    Pibb Xtra (formerly known as Mr (no period) Pibb
    Barq's Root Beer (or most any other root beer)
    Coke
    Sprite
    Cherry Coke
    Diet Dr Pepper
    Hansen's sodas

Edit: Didn't catch the Diet Dr Pepper one though!

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never heard of Dr. Pepper. ...

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There is nothing like drinking pop/soda out of a glass bottle, instead of these plastic containers.

On that note, Walgreens has started selling pop in a glass bottle. I believe it's made by Deerfield Farms and there's 3-4 different flavors, including a root beer and cream soda.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Jones cherry soda was crack to me. Then they pulled distribution of that flavor in my area.

Bastards.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone else from Canuckistan remembers Pop Shoppe Pop ... Their Lime Ricky, Cream Soda and Orange rocked all the sodie pops in the world.

And after a 20-year hiatus, it's back. I gotta get me some.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

ARRRRRRRGH! Good catch, mike311gd.

THERE IS NO PERIOD IN DR PEPPER.

Draft saved Draft deleted