1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coke vs. Pepsi -- let's get it on!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Not trying to start a fight (seriously), but this statement immediately made me think of Republicans and Democrats...

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm split on this one...

Pepsi vs. Coke - Pepsi

But Coke has much better diet drinks. Coke Zero is the best diet drink on the market.

That, and Mountain Dew is the greatest soda of all-time...

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I would agree with that. Coke Cherry Zero is god's gift to diet. Also, I prefer Sprite to 7-Up. And Dasani to Aquafina.

But Pepsi > Coke.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Somewhere in a lonely bottling plant, RC Cola cries itself to sleep.

5. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

YES, girlfriend. You are SO right.
    That's why I live where I live. Pepsi by far the most popular pop (well, not the ONLY reason, but ...)

That said, Diet Pepsi is an insult to Pepsi, makes a mockery of greatness, so it just doesn't cross these lips. If it's Coke country, then it's Diet Coke, because insulting regular Coke isn't that big a deal. It probably tastes better.

Man, the days I used to drink a jug a day of that stuff. Might as well have put in a Pepsi IV.
    Now, one can a day - max. Just enough to satisfy the addiction without going up a size.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Such is life in the minor leagues. ;)

[​IMG]

Even better than the real thing. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Only because it's worse than everything but Jolt.

Sprite or Pepsi works for me. Root Beer -- any kind, IBC preferably -- is the third option.

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I must be one of the only ones paying to keep the CEO of Coca Cola in a job.

I can't drink Pepsi...

I love me some Coke though...

And it has to be regular. No diet. If you are going to drink soda pop, you need to experience all the calories and sugar.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Exactly. If you're going to drink diet soda, might as well grab a water and cut everything out. There's no drink I hate more than Diet Sprite. It's completely worthless.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Am I the only one who can't really taste a difference?

I rarely drink soda, but my favorite is clearly Whatever Is On Sale.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

MMmmmmm Sprite Zero. I have a 12-pack at home. :)

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I had that in a press box a couple weeks ago. I think I downed a couple sips before tossing it. My mom used to drink Diet Sprite years and years ago, and it tasted just like the Sprite Zero. It doesn't sit well with me.

Draft saved Draft deleted