1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coin flip determines NCAA Men's College Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I was never nearly as tired at the end of a soccer game as I was at the end of a basketball game, not even close.

In soccer for all the running you do, there is a whole lot of standing around as well - something the soccer apologists around here just want to keep ignoring.

And it is much harder to run 94 feet in short bursts every 20 seconds than run 40 yards and walk back and wait.

Never mind the fact that you don't get breaks because when your team doesn't have the ball all five guys have to play defense, unlike in soccer.

Again, you continue to show you have never played either sport .... or any sport for that matter at a level above rec. league

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

sometimes it depends. jimmy chitwood running the picket fence with hickory wasn't like nolan richardson's arkansas 40 minutes of hell. same in soccer. the game a team like brazil plays is a lot different than italy.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And you haven't played both sports at a sufficiently high level for it to be remotely relevant to this conversation.

(Rec league is generous. I haven't played anything since third-grade little league)

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And you know this, how?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, I guess it's possible that you played major college soccer at an elite, championship-caliber level while simultaneously playing college basketball.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

zag, you don't know shit. There's only one thing more exhausting than the beautiful game.

Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can partake in . . . next to soccer.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wait, what?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, that makes a lot more sense now.

Great movie, haven't watched it in ages.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This from the link below...No idea if it's legit or not. Either way, it takes a great athlete to play the sport. No doubt about that.

"Midfielders run the most, central strikers and defenders the least. Don't brag too much about the running volume--10,000 meters (six miles) in 90 minutes is four miles per hour, something a good power walker can do."

http://www.active.com/soccer/Articles/How_far_do_you_run_during_a_soccer_game_.htm?page=2

Draft saved Draft deleted