1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coffee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Outing alert: spnited is my father. My dad basically only drinks iced tea, always unsweetened, and hates coming to visit me in Kentucky because finding unsweetened tea around here is almost impossible. And my dad can drink a LOT of the stuff.

As for me, I do Pepsi when I first wake up because I'm hypoglycemic and need a sugar rush to start the day and get that peaked again. I drink coffee on occasion and more frequently in the winter. I have a pound of French Roast in my fridge from the coffee shop in my alma mater's town. They roast the beans right there in the shop, so they aren't burned to fuck like Starbucks. And I have Coffeemate (liquid) Bavarian Truffle creamer. Just put a little bit of that in it and some coffee and it's like heaven.

I need to go get me a new travel mug though. My old one broke somehow and I'm not taking all of my fun penguin mugs with me in the car (where they wouldn't fit in the cupholder) or to the office, where I don't trust some of my coworkers.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I knew it would not be sweetened because you are sweet enough. :)

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We are except I'm not exactly sure what Tim's you're referring to but we'll find it. Or maybe HC knows

We're taking what, 11:30? Noon?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Normal day involves an entire pot of coffee after I work out, plus an Americano around 3 p.m. A bad day involves two pots of coffee plus 2-3 Americanos in the afternoon and some of the swill at work.

I rarely add anything to my coffee (except at work, that stuff's foul), so I am full of antioxidant goodness every day of the week.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What's an Americano?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Four shots of espresso mixed with hot water to make it the size of a large frou-frou coffee. It's really just super strong coffee.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Mmmmm.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Won't drink the stuff; tried it once and hated it. Yet I love the smell, for some strange reason. If it wasn't expensive and illogical, I'd brew a pot every morning in my kitchen simply for the aroma, then pour it out.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Who queefed in your muffin this morning?

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I think of it as being a cappuccino with water instead of milk.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Toomuchcoffeeman, PLEASE pick up the espresso-colored courtesy phone!

A single drip-brewed cup each morning, with a little coffeemate to make it 'blonde.'

It helps when the coffee cup is placed in my hand before I get out of bed.... but that doesn't often happen. :)

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm not taking seriously any beverage bashing from someone with "bud" in his name.

Draft saved Draft deleted