1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coffee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Sep 1, 2009.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Yes?
    I usually average 2-3 large Tim's a week.
    Working from 3:30-midnight, I get mine on the way in.
    Iced during the summer, now that fall is here, I'm back to the hot stuff.
    BTW, JR, are we on for the Tim's near the Rogers Centre this Saturday?
    My Tim Card is waiting.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman is strangely silent.

We must be rank amateurs.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

My new roommate is awesome in regards to coffee. He has it all. He has beans from all over the world and does it all from scratch basically. Jars and jars of beans and grounds from his travels. It's a bit of a process to get a cup going but well worth it.

On the other hand, when he's not around, I'll just brew my normal stuff. This month, err August, I received a tub of Chock Full o' Nuts and am giving that a try..

4. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

I'm a big baby until I get my first cup. Usually I limit myself to three cups each day, but I'd drink even more if my body could handle it.

The stuff at work tastes awful, but the key is to bring your own creamer from home.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Chock full 'O Nuts isn't bad, but I prefer their Columbian style over their regular style. My favorite at home brew so far is Newman's Own, a bit more but well worth it. Green Mountain (Eye Opener) and New England Coffee (Breakfast Blend) are also ok.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

According to the Joe DiMaggio I have on the counter, 3 1/2 cups every morning. Then an iced coffee at night in the summer or another 3 1/2 cups hot in the winter.

I can drink three cups at 8 p.m. and fall asleep at 9 p.m. It's like a super power.

One thing I have learned about coffee is that the cheapest whole bean coffee freshly ground is better than the most expensive pre-ground coffee. Or at least it's close in taste.

Splenda also rocks as does my French press.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying it, that's for sure.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

That's why I used the EE's private facilities. Made sure I had Mexican earlier in the day, too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Preach, Sister IJAG. Can't stand the taste or the smell.

Give me a nice, cold Diet Coke any day.

10. 93Devil

Three or Four Splendas amd Land O Lakes non fat to a nice light browns and it's like candy.

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Coffee's some of the nastiest tasting stuff known to mankind. YUCK. And I love people who drink coffee with a shitton of cream and sugar... do you want some coffee with your cream, you fucking idiot?

YUCK.

12. 93Devil

Try eating chocolate or cocoa powder without any sugar of milk.

Draft saved Draft deleted