1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coffee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Sep 1, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Two cups in the morning and that's it.
    I consume huge quantities of iced tea the rest of the day

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ew. Iced tea in NYC? That just can't be good. :)

Unless it's homemade, of course.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I love taking a good grump at work.

4. JackReacher

I guess it depends on your situation at work. My first paper had a bathroom on the first floor where the day shift worked. No one was down there at night, but I still refused to use it. Lots of others took advantage, though. Then again, I lived like 10 minutes away, so if it came down to it, I just went home.

The other bathroom there was right smack in the newsroom, about 5 feet from the nearest desk. No one grumped in there except for one of my old SEs, who would do so and then leave the door wide open after. Those nights were awesome!

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Two or three cups usually. Hell, I got it brewing right now.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This thread has been thoroughly Sonnered.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

My shop got rid of the free coffee, so now I have to bring my own and take 10 minutes out of my shift to brew a pot. Usually fill a travel mug and have 2-3 cups a night.

Used to get coffee all the time from either Tim Hortons or the local gas station with Green Mountain Coffee...That went the way of newspapers once I lost my parttime job. Even at home, I make coffee using a press.

8. JackReacher

is that bad? :)

9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Every now and then I'll get a latte or an iced coffee somewhere. But that's about it. I have a coffee maker at home and I can't remember the last time I used it. It's been at least two years. A couple of my exes were hardcore coffee drinkers. I would partake in the shared cup of joe first thing in the morning.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm in the minority, but I can't stand the stuff. Don't like the bitter taste or the idea of scalding my tongue at 8 a.m.

Coke Zero or Red Bull, please.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, this so calls for a separate thread on public poopin'.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fresh brewed by me, unsweetened.

Except for my Starbucks venti unsweentened black iced tea (no water) on my way to work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted