1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coffee thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Mods, I'm gonna try that Trader Joe's stuff.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Many varieties there. The prices are right.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Can't be any harder to clean than my current monster.

4. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Trader Joe stuff rocks. 8 O'clock better than decent.
    Best option, find a local roaster and buy super-fresh. You'll never turn back when you find one you like. Oh, and never buy more than you will drink in a week.
    Treat it like milk and bread. Just one of those stops you make once a week.

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

The hassle of cleaning is worth the better coffee I've been drinking for 20 years out of a $15 French press. Yes, I am a food snob. A gourmand, actually.

6. three_bags_full

OK, you guys -- and the reading I've been doing -- have sold me on the French press. As I understand, I have to have a solid burr grinder. What do I need to look for? How much am I looking at? What are some decent brands, models?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Go to World Market. They have them there, but I am thinking the internet might be a good option.

8. three_bags_full

9. I hate to sound like the Starbucks endorser here, but they have great ones for around $30-40.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I bought a 4-cup Bodum press at World Market for like $25. In store purchase, though.

11. Notepad

Notepad Member

I generally go to my local roaster, but when I buy "bagged" coffee, I am into Peet's.

Can I get a second for Peet's?

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I would suggest Target first. I got a bodum press for less than that (it was on sale). And if you're so inclined you can probably buy some starbucks there right in the store.

Draft saved Draft deleted