1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coffee drinking tied to lower risk of suicide

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 27, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What can't coffee do!

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

On the third cup of Doug E. Fresh this morning and suicide is the last thing on my mind.

3. Songbird

I just thought of you, YF, when this guy by the name of Eric bought a Stodgy Sam shot in the gallery. We've always sold them as shots for alcohol but Eric, a professor of English-French in Sherbrooke, is a big-time coffee drinker and said he's using this for his espresso. Thought you might enjoy that little bit of coffee'ism.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

So, does this research mean coffee is NOT painless?

5. Songbird

All I needed was espresso, but she wouldn't give it to me.

6. YankeeFan

That thing is a little creepy!

You should mention the coffee you're brewing on the sandwich board out front. Brew coffees from around the country.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Songbird

Here are the larger Stodgy Sam mugs:

http://on.fb.me/11lQc51

Good idea about the sandwich board ... but how did you know we have a sandwich board out there?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Coffee can give you a headache when you're asked how many lumps do you want.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am waiting for coffee to be declared Nature's One True Boner Pill.

10. YankeeFan

Well, I figured you might, but when I Googled "Stodgy Sam" I was directed to your Facebook page. Your building looks amazing. Former bank building I'm guessing.

11. YankeeFan

Coffee contains caffeine, which stimulates the heart and increases the adrenaline levels in blood. More blood flow to your penis and you get stronger erections.

http://erectionfaq.com/sex-and-coffee-strong-aphrodisiac/

Just remember, coffee is also a diuretic, so be sure to hydrate!

12. Songbird

Indeed. It opened in 1929, closed in '97 when they walked away from the old marble structure. Like most banks were doing in the '90s, they wanted to add a drive-thru ATM but it was structurally impossible.

Stayed closed 3 years.

My best friend knows how to play business quite well. Town was desperate to get a business back in the sweetest spot in town to generate taxes again. Well, he leveraged his desire to open an art gallery against the town's desperation and talked them down to $150,000. Then he and his wife-to-be turned upstairs into a 4-bedroom apartment. It's a great fucking building. 3 safes all in perfect working order and many other really cool things about the building.

Here's a Google Street View business tour: http://goo.gl/maps/p7Sak

Draft saved Draft deleted