1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CoD : Black Ops

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I know there's a few people who play MW2 or used to and was just curious if anyone is going to give the latest installment a whirl. I won't be getting it at midnight (stupid WalMart closes at 10) but I might get it before work tomorrow just so I have a copy.

Yeah, I'm a nerd. Whatever.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I rarely play these games but the commercial is sweet.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

My bro is getting it. I'll probably get it at some point. I started hating MW2 with all of the hacks, but I've heard Treyarch is a little better at stopping that.

4. What do you mean by "hacks?" I'm not familiar with the term as it applies to video games.

5. Madhavok

People, starting back in the day with CounterStrike, Delta Force 2, and Unreal Tournament (back when gaming was legit on PCs), would apply cheats to the game via hacking it. Hence, hacks. It's been going on a hell of a lot longer than people think.

6. I thought that was damn near impossible with video games. How do they do something like that? Hack into the game's online server?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Has anyone played new Medal of Honor game ?

8. Hank_Scorpio

No, they modify their own Xbox. Allows them to get rapid fire triggers, cause lag on other people's end while they don't have any, among other things.

There were also cases of exploiting glitches (not hacking into software), like the care package glitch in MW2, where you could get endless care package drops.

A lot of it was the game developer of MW2, which made the holes easy to get through.

And Mad is right. It happens a lot, especially on PC games, but fairly common on consoles. Not just COD games either.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I bought MW2, but it wasn't even fun because I would get blown up every 3 seconds from a care package. I'll just wait for a friend to play Black Ops and I will check it out that way.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Yeah. So that level when you need to hold down the line is nearly impossible.

11. Madhavok

You take two days off from this and everyone has everything memorized. Shit !

12. Hank_Scorpio

Or you get against a group that only wants to play one map and keeps voting for that one to stay.

Draft saved Draft deleted