1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CoachO gothissef mitygoodblawgagoin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 12, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Truly awesome.

3. I have awakened on Neptune.
    Help.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have lived here too long.
    I understood that.

For the southern impared...
    "HO HO HO! CoachO hyahinOxfah wishunyaw Happaholldey. Peezeonnert anna goodwahtowahmen! Ogeronfamlah bringdaplyahfamlah ovatoda CoachOhas, anwecookupdemteam a Chrismahboofate! Bringalldah Rebachfamleytogeddah! WALLHADDAGRANNOTIM!"

"Ho ho ho! Coach Ed Orgeron is here in Oxford, wishing all of you the happiest of holidays. PEace on Earth and good will to men. The Orgeron family brings the players families over to our house, and we cook up the team a Christmas buffet. (mmmmm mmmm.) It brings all the Rebels' family together. We all had a grand old time."

I now need two fingers of Gentleman Jack... excuse me...

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I've heard of Pig Latin. What is that -- Sheep Latin?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's pretty much how Michael Lewis describe Ed Orgeron's way of speaking in The Blind Side.

Here's Lewis' take on Coach O:

OS: Ed Orgeron is in the book, and he’s a very large presence both literally and figuratively. What’s it like being in the room doing an interview with someone whose dialogue is so colorful you have to write it in upper-case letters.

ML: (Laughs.) Well, I’m from Lousiana, and spent a lot of my youth in coonass country–in the bayous–duck hunting. And so I understand him, though it takes a while. Listening to him…he puts on a bit of a show being interviewed on the way to the lockerroom during games. He can speak in a way that’s a little more understandable. When you come at him fresh…I don’t know if you’ve ever been to see an English actor do Shakespeare, but it takes a little while before your ear gets acclimated and you can understand what the actors are saying.

Like Shakespeare…but scarier.

ML: That’s the way he is. The problem is he doesn’t talk for 9 minutes–he talks for two, or maybe thirty seconds. You never get acclimated unless you know what you’re listening for.

I actually find him delightful. I really like him. And I thought he’s basically an honest character, straight. Now, if you ask me if I were running a football program, would I hire him as a head coach? Probably–in fact, he’d probably be fine at it.

But what he really is is potentially a great defensive coach. I would take the offense away and put it in the hands of someone completely different. His mind is not an offensive mind.

And I don’t think they’ve done that properly there. They have had offensive coordinators, but they don’t have the right guy. He’s either not independent or strong willed to say with is a separate operation that the coach has nothing to do with. That’s what they need to do there, I think.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=2887

7. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Another proud day for us Ole Miss alums.

8. In case you run out...
    http://rebelyellwhiskey.com/

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Some Ole Miss students had some fun.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

To hear what he actually sounds like (which isn't far from that parody) ...

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Between this and the "soy=fag" blog, I think someone slipped some acid in my coffee.

Lord.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Chris L says it was one of your male stripper friends, most likely.

Draft saved Draft deleted