1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CoachingSearch.com seeking part-time writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by CoachingSearch, Sep 12, 2012.

1. CoachingSearch

CoachingSearch New Member

CoachingSearch.com is seeking a young part-time writer to add content Monday – Friday from 8 am to 12 pm ET.
    There will be a monthly stipend of $800 with an additional previously agreed upon monthly bonus for reaching the monthly quota of 80 articles written (20 per week). Articles should typically follow this format: http://coachingsearch.com/images/pdf/coachingsearchchecklist.pdf

The part-time writer can work from home. No travel will be required. Knowledge and passion for college football coaches is required. Pete is not looking to hire a writer that wants to express his opinions of coaches.

We believe in hiring tireless workers, effective communicators, that have an eye for content selection.

Pete Roussel is the #1 most interesting daily read for coaches, college athletic directors, and NFL staff personnel. A former college football coach, Roussel is the only resource reporting on coaches 365 days a year. Known as the most trusted source of coaching transactions, Pete’s passion doesn’t stop there. His research, insight, and information are valuable and relied upon. College football enthusiasts crave the unique perspective and engaging content that only a former coach can offer.

** Those interesting in applying should send a resume to Pete Roussel via ticker@coachingsearch.com . Cover letters are not necessary. Extensive introductions will not be read. No phone calls at this time.

Outlets such as CBS, NBC, ESPN, Yahoo, USA Today, Deadspin, Rivals, 247 Sports have credited Pete Roussel for breaking news information.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

so old part-timer writer, say a retired person who has great creds and wants to add a little income, need not apply?

writer WHO, not writer that

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I opened the PDF, just because. ...

What is the Pete Roussel method for capitalizing the correct terms?

I also liked the double checking to make sure your article won't upset a particular coach. Forget the pay (or relative lack of), the job is to slobberknocker football coaches?

4. writingump

writingump Member

That's a lot of work for not a lot of money.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

A lot of that going around these days.

6. Pete may or may not be as much of an insider as he thinks he is.

But it's clear that his business model is based on kissing coaches' asses, which he does routinely and unapologetically. He also has a penchant for lecturing reporters any time they might offend one of his dear coaching "buddies."

Unless you're really hard-up or want to join him in the coaching-fanboi business, I'd avoid.

(I've never met Pete nor would I know him if I met him, but these are insights I've gleaned from following him on Twitter for a year. I no longer do).

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Again!?!?!?!?

Supposedly a hire was made on Aug. 2 out of 115 resumes. Never did follow through on announcing who it was.

Could be a second position or replacement for the first one?

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/3380998/

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

So you are not "interesting" in applying?

9. writingump

writingump Member

Especially not if you have to suck up to coaches and deal with a less-than-supportive editor.

10. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

You stole my thunder, Mod, but it's worth doubling up.

Hey Coaching, you might want to tweak your job announcement. We 52-year-old, male, former-sports-editor-who's-making-half-what-we-used-to-make-after-being-laid-off-from-a-middle-management-position-at-a-good-sized-daily types could take that as discrimination.

Or would you say CoachingSearch.com is an equal opportunity employer?

11. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

That's the new American way, and part time so there's no benefits.

Draft saved Draft deleted