1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CoachingSearch.com hiring part-time writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by CoachingSearch, Jul 7, 2012.

1. BuckoFives

BuckoFives New Member

The easiest part of writing is writing. The hardest part is reaching people and getting the info or sifting through audio/video for quotes. But figure 28-30 stories at 400 words apiece on average, that's just shy of 12,000 words in a week. That's a novel in a month, which some people try to do for fun each year in November. Most fail, and they get to make up the story. Three people writing 10 stories a week for $500/month each sounds like a better sell. One person for that task is full-time work. Maybe pick the best of the three for full-time in January.

2. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Just for comparison's sake, I have a side gig that pays $15/article (some as few as 250 words) for a reputable site (a Big 3 television network) and I do 3/day, which takes me about 45 minutes total every morning. Just sayin'.

3. sportsnut22

sportsnut22 New Member

I was just curious if anyone applied for this gig?

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

My bet is yes.

5. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

That's 100 hours a month, which means you're making $10 an hour, which is really, really low for freelance work. I could see this making sense for someone still in college, however.

6. CoachingSearch

CoachingSearch New Member

The position has been filled. Will announce our new writer around August 2. We had over 115 resumes submitted. Thanks to all of you for your interest. - Pete Roussel @CoachingSearch

Draft saved Draft deleted