1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CoachingSearch.com hiring part-time writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by CoachingSearch, Jul 7, 2012.

1. CoachingSearch

CoachingSearch New Member

CoachingSearch.com is seeking a part-time writer to add content on a daily basis from August through January. The writer must be able to commit to working 25 hours per week. 5 hours per day on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays. No work on Fridays and Saturdays.

There will be a monthly stipend in the $1000 range with an additional previously agreed upon significant monthly bonus for reaching the monthly quota of 112 articles written (28 per week). Articles should typically follow this format: http://coachingsearch.com/images/pdf/coachingsearchchecklist.pdf

The part-time writer can work from home. No travel will be required. Knowledge and passion for college football coaches is required. Pete is not looking to hire a writer that wants to express his opinions of coaches. The goal is to create a great partnership of working together. The position could eventually become full-time at the end of January.

Pete Roussel is the #1 most interesting daily read for coaches, college athletic directors, and NFL staff personnel. A former college football coach, Roussel is the only resource reporting on coaches 365 days a year. Known as the most trusted source of coaching transactions, Pete’s passion doesn’t stop there. His research, insight, and information are valuable and relied upon. College football enthusiasts crave the unique perspective and engaging content that only a former coach can offer.

** Those interesting in applying should send a resume to Pete Roussel via pete@coachingsearch.com .

Outlets such as CBS, NBC, ESPN, Yahoo, USA Today, Deadspin, Rivals, 247 Sports have credited Pete Roussel for breaking news information.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

For those who haven't browsed it before, this is definitely a legitimate site with a lot of good carousel news.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Sounds like one would need a LOT of contacts in the college football world to do this with any amount of efficiency.

4. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

That is a boatload of work for a measly sum. Good Lord! - and I'm someone who doesn't shy from hard work.

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Pete is ahead of mainstream media on tons of hires and interviews in college and pro football.

6. CoachingSearch

The part-time writer does NOT need to have any connections to coaches. There will be very little original interviews. The content is similar in nature to that of ProFootballTalk.com

The articles are sometime 300 words. It's not nearly as much work as you think, but a time commitment is indeed required.

- Pete

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

That's $8.93 a blog post, assuming you hit the numbers, before you get to bonus land.

Which begs the question of how much the monthly bonus is.

8. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

28 PER WEEK?!?!?!

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Pete,

Thanks. Could you clarify? If there is very little original interviewing to be done, is it basically rounding up stuff from other published reports online then?

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Looks like there might be a dropped word in the post. Did it mean to say it might become full time in January?

11. CoachingSearch

It's a lot of listening to post-practice media sessions from coaches, radio interviews, TV interviews, some originals, and a lot of writing the breaking news information that I get. November - February, I get a ton of breaking news coaching transactions, but don't have time to write an entire story.

Yes, I believe a writer that bring great value to the business will create a full-time position for himself at the end of January. That's the intention.

12. He is...safe!

He is...safe! Member

Intriguing opportunity indeed but I want to get back to ... 28 per week???? That's a lot for that money! And no one currently in the field has a shot if you need five hours a day to commit while covering a high school or college football season. I'd like to give this a whirl but don't see it's possible for me with a current full time job.

Draft saved Draft deleted