1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coaches wife confronts columnist in press box

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by micropolitan guy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I can't believe he told her to "stay away from the booze, the pressbox and the columnist" prior to the game that morning. Of course, he could have; I wasn't there. At the end of the day, however, I don't think her behavior is totally in control of Mike Bellotti. Ultimately, she makes the final calls on what she does.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

POO, she may be entitled to a box through his contract with the university. I would imagine the university would be able to revoke her box privileges, but I doubt he has direct control over that, especially if there is a divorce case here on the horizon.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And so evolves another chapter of idiocy in this, our overly litigious society.

Maybe I can have some woman grab me by the labels so I can make some money this week.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Lyman mentioned nothing about filing a suit. He mentioned pressing assault charges, which may be necessary for Mrs. Bellotti to get the message that her behavior is unacceptable.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And I'm sure he would do it quite smugly.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I know you aren't suggesting that a drunken reader can accost us at will and get away with it.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I may be wrong (and I haven't been there in awhile), but I thought the VIP suites at Autzen were on the opposite side of the field from the press box and another bunch behind the end zone.
    If that's the case, she and family had to actively seek out Canzano and come around to the working box to do it.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

wicked, I'm saying the same thing we've all debated before. You know I am.

I in no way, shape, or form endorse what the wife and the nanny did.

But read the tone of the blog. I've been around smug enough to know it when I see it.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to bet I could prevent this behavior from my wife, as could most.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, I don't know if I could control any behavior from my wife, if she wanted to exhibit it.

It's called living in the 21st century.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

How would you do that, TBF?

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Right, shot. She's bar-footed and preagnunt, rat now, stirring a stew in thu kichen'.

Gimme a break, man.

Sp,

I'd start by asking her not to behave in such a manner.

Draft saved Draft deleted