1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coaches wife confronts columnist in press box

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by micropolitan guy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Thought one of the comments was dead on: This woman comes into the columnist's workplace and does this?

Fair game.

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

It's a shame someone didn't have a digital camera to get a pic of her grabbing his shirt, would have made a great center piece photo for the front page.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Good stuff indeed. Especially mentioning that she alcohol on her breath. What a train wreck she must be.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

By calling it a blog, I'm assuming this didn't go into the paper. Why not?

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Son must be proud of his family splitting/nanny coddling/alcohol smelling mom sticking up for him.

6. lono

lono Active Member

There goes her shot at making the front page of milfhunter.com

7. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

i was broadcasting a college baseball game and the coach's wife did a very similar thing and was just as drunk. only she did it while we were on the air ... came up to the booth and started screaming about some perceived injustice against her husband, who was retiring and wasn't - she felt - getting his due from the school.

very difficult situation - we should have just gone off the air but we didn't and everybody heard her in the background for four or five minutes until one of the assistant coaches came and got her.

john handled this as well as possible

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What control does he have over his wife? She's her own person and can do whatever she pleases, at least until the security steps into play.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

???

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Well, he presumably has a say about whether she gets to sit in the press box or not.

Furthermore, I freely admit that my wife has control over my behavior, and I believe it works the other way with us, too. It's called the personal powers of persuasion. If a husband asked (or even demanded) that his wife not get drunk and accost the local columnist in the press box, shouldn't she respect that? Maybe that's why they have marital discord...

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

that's what i'd like to know. this is assault. it's probably fifth degree assault, or whatever the lowest level of assault is in oregon, but it fits the definition of assault: placing someone in apprehension of imminent harm.

12. Unreal. Sounds as if he'd have a claim for an assault charge, should he wish to pursue it. Were it me, I might.

Draft saved Draft deleted