1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coaches who didn’t get second chances

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cyclingwriter2, Nov 29, 2019.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Didn't really help that Parcells replaced him and the Giants won two championships for the first time in
    a few decades.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Ray Goff was handpicked as Vince Dooley's successor and was fired after six seasons -- won nine games twice but otherwise was mediocre. Got out of coaching and never looked back. Owns a bunch of Zaxby's, I believe.

3. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Interesting story about Billick. The Dolphins went 1-15 in 2007, shortly before Wayne Huizenga sold the team to Stephen Ross. The win was against the Ravens, who lost thanks largely to a questionable play call by Billick. When the Dolphins won, Huizenga upped the sale price. When the job opened again after Tony Sparano was fired in 2011, the word was that Billick was interested and called Ross, who supposedly responded, "You're the guy who cost me $40 million when I bought the team." No forgiving or forgetting.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pitt fires Gottfried

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

cjericho-
    Perkins lost both teams because of his abrasive style.
    The Giants were a veteran team that needed quarterback stability, not a kick in the ass.
    The Bucs needed a kick in the ass but they didn't need three-a-days that had the team's legs wiped out by November.

Draft saved Draft deleted