1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coachella Webcast

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Apr 17, 2011.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/coachella

No Coachella thread all weekend?
    Starting right now on two of its three channels...Duran Duran and the National (in a spectacular dusk). Did about six hours worth last night - discovered some fun new bands, Big Audio Dynamite is very welcome back, and Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons were simply phenomenal.
    Promised later: the Strokes (near midnight EST) and at 1:30 (not officially announced, but likely) Kanye West with a load of special guests - Rhianna, Katy Perry, etc.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So did Bugs Bunny ever make it there, or is he still missing that left in Albuquerque?

3. terrier

One of the channels is running encores. 11:30 (EST), Mumford; 12:30, National; 1:45, Duran Duran.

Speaking of Edwin B., memorable image last night of him on keyboards during "Sprawl 2" (final encore) beaming with this look of "Goddamn, my wife is awesome."

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I remember, mostly because I had the opposite look regarding his wife and her dancing.

5. terrier

This is 'effin weird...Duran Duran with hot chicks on violin and Acme silhouettes of nekkid dancers from 007 title sequences, with Simon in full dinner jacket. Gloriously over the top.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

It was a hot day on Saturday on the SoCal coast. Cant imagine the heat in the SoCal desert.

That whole county probably smelled terrible.

Draft saved Draft deleted