1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach: "Why are you backing away from me?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BertoltBrecht, Sep 5, 2007.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ugh, I've had coaches that I've had to take a few steps back from.

I can't figure out how players smell better than coaches.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Some coaches' smell makes me throw up in my mouth a bit. Maybe it's all the yelling that makes them have yuck mouth.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I, too, have noticed this over the years. I've seen coaches pop in a stick of gum as they come out of the locker room to meet with us, so they must know. Some don't bother ... brutal.
    My thought was that their stomachs are churning during the game that the stomach acid turns into bad breath.
    The worst I encountered was a basketball coach at a mid-major who made a big NCAA Tournament run with a really fastbreak offense. He's coaching women now.
    How's that for a clue.

4. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

For those writers in the South, the worst is the chew, the chaw, Redman, dip, whatever they call it. Ugh!!!!! It's just so disgusting a habit that it makes the OCD amongst us (myself, mainly) want to go wash their hands just thinking about it.

When I see that little cup............ugh....

Draft saved Draft deleted