1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach Mom, well, she's not really the coach, but...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jul 15, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

She yanks her stud son in front of one of the annual summer beauty pageants on hardwood.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Top-hoops-prospect-8217-s-mom-pulls-him-from-AA?urn=highschool-wp3733

She's got more cajones than the coach.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's the No. 6 prospect in the nation.

He can write his own ticket regardless of what the AAU coach says and especially regardless of what his mom says.

If I were him, I'd say, "get your fat ass back in the stands, bitch."

And if mommie didn't like it, she gets cut out of the goodie gravy train.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

But mom still cooks his meals, so when they got home, I bet she could have beaten his ass with a willow branch.

4. Starman

If he's the No. 6 prospect in the nation, I suspect he's got enough money to buy a fish sammitch at Mickey D's if he feels like it.

And if he's the No. 6 prospect in the nation, he ain't getting beaten up by any 35-year-old fat woman, either.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

I'm betting this 35-year-old fat mom carries a shitload of authority in her son's life if she succeeded in what she did.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It has to get real old really fast needing to show up for stuff like this, just to be seen in the school colors by a prospective recruit who you can't even talk to.

This is AAU basketball in a nutshell.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Nike = CASH/AAU.

8. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Before I read the link, I thought the kid got in a fight or mouthed off to a ref or something and Mom yanked him off the court to teach him a little respect. But noooooo - he made two "errors" in a row. Good Lord. She's as batshit crazy as the softball daddies.

9. Starman

Undoubtedly.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, why was it necessary to mention that she was fat?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wow. I think your own mother needs to backhand you across the yap for that incredibly ignorant post.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The kid took to Twitter late last night to explain that he had signalled that he wanted to come out. Which doesn't explain his mom's involvement at all, but does suggest that somebody in his camp know he has a PR problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted