1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

coach k = fraud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Sep 1, 2006.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

The international game is a different one than the NBA, just like international hockey is not the NHL. Lots of scapegoats out there and I'm no fan of coach kresewsushki but the worlds in hoops = getting NHL players to play ball hockey. There are commonalities but a shitload of a difference. They should win. Not so surprising if they don't.

YHS, etc

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I can't believe this.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

yea there winning with the refs help.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Good one.

5. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

No they are the top team in the world, but it was the refs flaut they lost this one and also there own by not nocking down shoots from the line.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

King James ( 1 of 4 from the line), 'Mello Anthony and DWade not as talented as advertised. They merely excell against the weaker competition in the NBA.

Greece's FG%: 62. NO DEFENSE by USA. They appear to lack the ability to play Defense and shoot with accuracy.
    But they got the best tatoos and rims in the world.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I blame this on soccer.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm sorry if somone mentioned this already on this thread, but who the hell was that huge guy on the Greece team? Did you guys see how quick he got to the basket?! Why isn't this guy in the NBA?

9. heyabbott

Racism

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ask the expert.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

It is indeed a tragic day in the US. We lost a basketball game. Oh My God!

Seriously, folks, lighten up. It's a fucking game!

12. heyabbott

We (John Thompson, Bryant Gumbel and myself) had a great ad hoc meeting last week and decided that large pale men from Eastern and Southern Europe can't keep up with the decendants of African slaves in North America. Hell, any event or group of events that doesn't have domination by this group, quite frankly, isn't worthy of attention.

Draft saved Draft deleted