1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

coach k = fraud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It kills me to watch someone like LeBron and Wade at the top of the key and not blow by defenders and go straight for the hoop. Every time they do, they either get fouled or scored. Why don't they just do that every single trip down, just switch the ballhandler -- ie Carmleo, Paul, etc. -- since no one can stay with them?

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Remember? We'd been told that outside shooting was the way to win. Obviously, it's a PART of winning, but not everything. Carmelo Anthony hasn't owned the entire world in this tournament by threes alone.

A few made free throws might help, too.

3. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

59 percent from the line

Men who are paid to play the game of basketball shot 59 percent from the free throw line.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

These are professional basketball players that have done little else in their entire lives but play basketball. Is it too much to ask these semi-literate, uneducated fools, to man up, play some defense and stop choking. LeChoke James?

5. JackS

JackS Member

Starman, why do you stay up in the middle of the night to watch something you hate so much?

I mean, I don't disagree with your basic premises on the state of the game, but I was working out my Sealy Posturepedic in response.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

So does everyone still hate Melo?

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Same old shit. I think it's time to admit that the United States no longer is the best basketball playing nation in the world. Stop blaming the refs, stop blaming Coach K. The United States is no longer the king and frankly hasn't been for a few years. Even if we had beaten Grease, we would not have beaten Argentina/Spain.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Why all the complaining? Team USA is improving.. They'll finish better than the last time at the Worlds!

9. heyabbott

We also need to stop declaring that the the US basketball players are the greatest athletes as well.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Travolta was a monster inside. I bet we could have beaten Grease II, Pfieffer or no Pfieffer.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And that the NBA champions (or champions of any other league) are the World Champions.

Or CHARMIONS or whatever.

12. heyabbott

We should send the 'And One' champs and be done with international basketball

Draft saved Draft deleted