1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach K and "Baracketology-gate"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dicky_Dunn, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Dicky_Dunn

Dicky_Dunn New Member

I know Coach K brings a lot of criticism upon himself, but this one is beyond belief ...

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/media-watch/200903205016/media-watch-baracketology-gate.php

It's bad enough that Fox News took the guy's "throwaway line" and twisted it out of context to suit its political agenda, but what's scary is the way everyone else -- from Hanity to all the Duke haters out there in Cyberspace -- jumped all over this and turned it into a real news story.

Is this what "journalism" has come to?

2. Uh, no. Hannity and Duke-haters in cyberspace are not journalists.

If this was treated as a major story by actual journalists, you'd have grounds for complaint. Since it was overwhelmingly treated as the mildly amusing little thing it was, I don't believe you do.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The way it got twisted around by some certainly led to misinterpretation by others.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/68032/

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

They just tried to capture the spirit of thing.

5. HorseWhipped

HorseWhipped Guest

<<< You need to be a 5 Star Subscriber to view this article. Please log in below or subscribe to continue reading. >>>

I pass on that, but only because it's late.

Then again, why would I pay for ACC Sports Journal?

Nobody pays for my paper anymore, so I'm throwing that back.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You're not missing anything.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Uh, I think coach K was kidding. At least I thought I heard a few chuckles in the press room when K said that. Then again, I could be losing my mind.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

DO we really need another thread on this, especially considering it is a few days old.....

9. I hate Duke

10. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Who's Coach K?

Draft saved Draft deleted