1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach Hoodie stealing signals?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Sep 10, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've never seen them that way. Mostly because I have always thought Coach Hoodie was a scumbag. Once again, he is proving me correct.

Of course, that will be the next thing...the Patriots insisting that this guy was acting on his own.

2. I think it was Ty Law's cousin, myself.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No, they did suck. Not France vs. Germany in the '30s suck, but they did suck nonetheless. However, now they have an excuse to hide behind.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Wow. I didn't even know France and Germany had NFL teams back then. I guess that's why it was called the World Championship...

5. It's the only thing that didn't get behind them all day.
    Thank you.
    You're too kind.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

A suspension for Belichick? Please, God, let this happen.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice analogy... Call me when you work in "as worthless as a post-World War I deutschmark..."

8. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Maybe the Jets should've been making more effort to conceal their signals.

I dislike Belichik, but this type of "cheating" doesn't really offend me that much. I'd think it takes some work and cleverness to steal your opponents signals. And if your opponent's telegraphing what they're gonna do its kinda hard to ignore it.

Besides its a good storyline that plays right to Belichik's soulless genius image that's become so hateable.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

If the Jets' signals were so easily deciphered that someone on the other sideline could simply figure them out, so be it. But using video cameras to tape the signals and then analyze them crosses the line. I wouldn't be surprised if there was specific language in the rulebook prohibiting the use of video equipment for that purpose.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The irony of this is that he wasn't even wearing a hoodie yesterday.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Good thing Boots wasn't there.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

The hooded douche strikes again!

Draft saved Draft deleted