1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach Hoodie stealing signals?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Sep 10, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012989

Looks like the Patriots might have gotten busted stealing the Jets' defensive signals during the game yesterday. And looking further into the story, this isn't the first time.

2. Wow.
    You mean the Jets defense really DIDN'T suck yesterday?
    Who knew?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

The league's competition committee could conduct a conference call about the incident, which violates NFL policy, and ultimately recommend a penalty that could cost the Patriots a future draft pick or picks if it verifies that the team was spying on the Jets.

Cost them draft picks? Whoop-de-damn-doo..
    How about a suspension for the cheating "genius" coach? How about, since this appears to be at least a second offense, forfeiting the game?
    How about Goodell showing the same balls with cheating scumbag Belichick as he shows with the thug players?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ha...I wouldn't go that far. Somebody sent me the link in an email and I figured I'd throw it out there for discussion.

I can't imagine the league would ever impose a forfeit, but a suspension of the coach along with the loss of a draft pick might fit in with the league's new hard-line approach.

5. No wonder Belichick is so good.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Admittedly I'm a Pats fan, but damn I cannot stand Belichick and his condescending attitude. It doesn't surprise me at all that he'd have the Pats doing this sort of thing.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Buh, buh, buh, the Patriots are classy! They play the right way! They don't tolerate guys with attitude problem! They don't do things like use performance enhancing drugs or spying! [/fancyschmancy blue font]

I actually like the Patriots, but I think they've skated on a lot of things over the past few years because of the notion that they're somehow above the fray.

8. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Ahem.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/bostonblog&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ron Borges would be having a field day if he was still at the Globe...

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

"From what I can remember, he had quite a fit when we took him out," Harlan said. "We had gotten word before the game that they [the Patriots] did this sort of thing, so we were looking for it."

Okay, so the team repeatedly does this and only now they might receive a penalty which consists of losing a draft pick? What a joke.

11. How about Easy Ed McCauley and Cliff Hagen for Bill Russell? The world did not begin when you took your thumb out of your mouth.
    That said, this is reason enough for Goodell to show the same "stones" he gets the applause for when the miscreant is a player. I think the removal of Bob Kraft from the various league committees for a year would be a start.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sign stealing?!?! Me and Leo Durocher are shocked and appalled. The dumbest baseball manager knows to change up the signs every so. Apprentice genius football coaches apparently do not.

Draft saved Draft deleted