1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach blows up, Part 392

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Norman Stansfield, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I like Kornheiser, but he grossly overreacted to this one on PTI on Friday. I don't see where any punishment is necessary. He took a swipe at the officiating, but many of us have heard less veiled attempts to criticize officiating that didn't warrant disciplinary action.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

yeah, kornholio is in the wrong. all i see is a swipe at the refs; everything else is just honest frustration. didn't really throw the team under the bus, didn't go after the press.

heaven forbid someone be passionate. go back to watching american idol, tony.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

This was like a souped-up version of Jerry Lundegaard arguing with the GMAC office.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

For making people realize women's basketball still exists?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes, he does post on this board. :)

7. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

The thing is, Borseth is a helluva coach, stuck in a coaching graveyard at U-M.

But he's in a bad spot ... major college programs don't hire proven males from mid-majors for jobs ... so he gets stuck schlepping for Michigan, which is one of the worst major-college women's programs in the country (and he'll make them respectable -- he already has).

I know another Big Ten school, for one, passed him over to hire an unproven minority female from a mid-major when the job was last open. She's done fine, but Borseth would've been a helluva hire.

(/male high school girls basketball coach who's not bitter ... honest).

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I wish a writer would have asked him, "Do you think your team can rebound from this?"

I think he would have imploded on the spot.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Oh shit, I'm outed. ::)

10. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I'd been hearing about this and finally decided to watch it. I came out of it actually feeling sorry for the guy. That might be the most honest press conference I ever saw, and it's going to kill his recruiting. Wow.

11. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

His apology at the beginning of his presser after Sunday's loss to Minnesota might have been longer than the original rant. The best part was when he apologized to the media for making us sit through that.

WVU came to town a couple months ago, and we put money in a pool if anyone would start the press conference with "So, have you interviewed with Michigan yet?"

No one took the money, just like no one would ask "Coach, do you think it would have helped if you had taped Michigan's defensive signals?" after UM beat ND 38-0 this year.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah, just lilke Bobby Knight throwing a chair through the floor; bitching out the media; etc. killed his recruiting...if I was a female basketball player, I would love to play for a guy that is so passionate.

Of course if I was a female, I'd never leave the house and just sit naked and stare into a mirror...

Draft saved Draft deleted