1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach Becky

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, at least she wouldn't be the guy that replaced the guy...

Della9250 likes this.
  2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Didn't Greg Ostertag win an Oscar for that movie, or was he just nominated?

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She does not take a bad picture.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Hey, the summer league is a big fucking deal!

[​IMG]

SFIND likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I never watched "Eddie." Exactly the kind of movie I would never ever ever watch in my life. So I assume something like that happens?

Seriously there should be much less prejudice toward Hammon, who did play on a high level for s long time, than there is against a lot of the non-athlete career clipboard carrier guys like the VanGundys, or there was against Rick Majerus, or guys like Phil Jackson or Larry Brown, who haven't played in 40 years.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Chelsea Clinton was watching the game live on her computer while flying cross country. Several times during the flight, she found herself cheering out loud.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dick watched every game she coached this summer while pounding it out on his treadmill. Now *she*, he thought, is an American hero!

8. YankeeFan

I hear she's going to be on the cover EA's NBA Summer League video game.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not for nothing here, but I've covered a high school boys team coached by a woman. (The school board gave her the choice of coaching boys or girls.)

She's horrible. I mean God-forsaken ass-horrible. Three quarters of the coach-parents in the Pandas' third-grade league could coach her into a smoldering heap.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, no fair! I liked her first!

11. YankeeFan

C'mon, you know Hilary's social media team is monitoring sites like SJ.com and HONY looking for inspirational stories they can weigh in on in an attempt to humanize grandma.

She got the story from you. You da man.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

OK, I'm no Phil Jackson fan, but I'd say he has a pretty decent resume for NBA players to look at and respect. He’s just a bit more accomplished than Becky Hammon at this point.

Draft saved Draft deleted