1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN's new graphics

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

BBC World's graphics were much more subdued until about a year ago. Now "breaking news" just about obliterates the video.

2. I miss the thundering tympani and the flag waving of early 2002.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as CNN. It's all just one big hologram.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Yeah, I sort of miss the competition between the news channels to make sure we know THEY were AMERICA'S NEW CHANNEL! WE'RE MORE PATRIOTIC THAN THE OTHER GUYS! NO, REALLY! WE LOVE THIS PLACE!

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

§ CNN ANNOUNCES THAT HEADLINE CRAWL IS DEAD REPLACES IT WITH FLIPPER § BUCK DISAPPOINTED THAT NOBODY TOLD HIM ABOUT FLIPPER'S NEW GIG § STEPHEN A. SMITH TO SCREAM TONIGHT ON SPORTSCENTER § BLAGOJEVICH SAYS HE DOESN'T BLEEPIN' CARE § SportsJournalists.com MEMBER HAS BAD EXPERIENCE AT WALMART § AUTHOR ROBERT LUDLUM, WHO DIED IN 2001, TO RELEASE YET ANOTHER BOOK §

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Awesome.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Indeed. POTY leader in the clubhouse.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I hope to god this doesn't catch on at Fox News....how else will I know what the terrorism threat level is?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It works at a bar or with the thing on mute, which here at home, it almost always is.

CNN can silence the Caffertys for a moment to do an actual news item. It wouldn't be an inconvenience.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Wait 3 minutes, you won't need the ticker.

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Hysterical and laugh-out-loud funny, 2muchcoffeeman! Loved it!

Am glad the crawl is gone. Have not watched CNN long enough in the last couple of days to say if I like what they changed graphics to. Will have to give it a closer look.

12. EE94

EE94 Guest

we are not worthy

Draft saved Draft deleted