1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN: Ted Kennedy rushed to hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

If he's resting comfortably, does that make it OK to laugh at the fark headline?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He and Orrin Hatch set a fine example of what the Senate should be with their frequent collaborations despite their polar-opposite views. And Cal Thomas got it in somewhat praising Kennedy for his consistency in philosophy and actions.

3. Kennedy has drifted far to the left over the years and I cannot agree with his stances on many, many issues.

At his core though - Kennedy has always been a true friend of the average working man.

My best wishes go out to Teddy and his family.

I agree that strokes are no laughing matter and I urge the mods to summarily delete any juvenile attempts at humor or hating on the man.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Chris, what's the general consensus of the man among republicans in the Commonwealth? Just curious.

5. Ted Kennedy is an icon in the state. His is perhaps the safest seat in the entire Senate. If Kennedy makes this his last term - I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Kennedy made a run at the seat. If he is not able to serve the rest of his term (he's in office until 2012) - then I hope Tim Murray is appointed to take the seat.

As far as Mass Republicans are concerned - he is very much respected for his public service but he is also very much valued for his ability to coax out of state money into Mass Republican coffers. In state and out - Kennedy maybe raises as much money for Republicans as he does for Democrats.

6. BTW - just to clarify a misconception - I am not a Republican (despite what many here think).

I'm a registered Independent.

7. Tim Murray?
    Man, it's Worcester uber alles for you, isn't it?
    (If it happens, Breen's'll be rockin')

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I grew up in Massachusetts, though I've lived away for awhile. People think I'm kidding when I tell them it was an honor to have voted for Ted Kennedy. I'm not.

According to AP, he's now "talking, joking" with family. That sounds good.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a grandmother recovering from a stroke, so I'm not making light of this...

I just think Teddy is a disgrace to his last name.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

excellent! :D ;D 8)

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mizzou you are chasing windmills on this thread. We've had some fun at Teddy's expense but this is not the time.

I was actually disapointed when he did not get the nomination in 1980. I might have voted for him.

As an orator in his day there was no one better- still may not be.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You know what a mild stroke is? One that happens to someone else. Glad to hear this doesn't appear to be life-threatening.

Regardless of where you reside on the political spectrum you have to recognize Ted Kennedy as one of the true giants in American political history. I hope this doesn't end his time in D.C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.