1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN: Ted Kennedy rushed to hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

Condolences, Dyno.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Again? Didn't he have that last fall?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Last October.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

God, it has to be hard for you to admit that.

Chappaquidick wasn't really the end of his presidential aspirations. That happened before 1980 when he almost unseated Carter. I'm just not sure Chappaquidick was what beat him that year, but a willingness for the party to blink. I'm a vowed Reagan supporter and always was but a Reagan-Kennedy battle for the White House would have been anything but boring.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I didn't mean to jack the thread. It's been very hard but I have to say that the many past threads about deaths of family members, especially the recent one about doing your dad's eulogy have been a great help to me.

Strokes are no joke. We spent a lot of time in the hospital stroke unit with my dad and even though I've visited more than my share of hospitals, there was something extra scary about it. Stroke after effects are so damn random. My dad could have an almost completely coherent conversation about a complex subject, but if you asked him what 2+2 was, he said 24.

So - prayers to the Kennedy family.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's strange, CNN stayed with the story for the last few hours, but three of the local Boston stations stayed with scheduled programming, in at least two cases, that was infomercials.
    I guess paying the bills mattered more to them than giving their veiwers the news.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Yawn, this ain't the time, nor the place for conspriacy theories and goofiness. For the sake of keeping this from being locked, everyone stay on the damn subject and do not deviate from it. We have no patience for bullshit on this thread.

I'm not a fan of Ted Kennedy, but I respect the hell out of him. Regardless of what side of the aisle anyone is on, this is serious. I've been out all morning and I get back and saw the news bottom line.

There was a story that he had two seizures? Geezus, I don't like this at all.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Update on cnn.com's front page, but not on the linked story.

Resting comfortably sounds good.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Strokes are not a laughing matter...

Neither is leaving a pregnant woman to drown...

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And, we're off. ...

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I guess Yawn's goofiness and conspiracy theories must have gotten deleted, because there was nothing of the sort in his posts.

(If this becomes a death thread, then will people start with the gallow's humor? Oh, thanks, Mizzou . . .)

Teddy Kennedy has been a senator for longer than a lot of us have been alive. While I don't always agree with him, it is a fact that yes, he hearkens back to a time when the senate spent less time posturing for the media and more time doing their job.

I always wondered how he felt about living, after Bobby and Jack were assassinated. Sort of sad.

Amyway, hope he gets better. But if he doesn't at the age of 76, he has done more in his lifetime than many can ever hope to do.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Best of luck to Sen. Kennedy. He's done far more good than bad in his life no matter what some might believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.