1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN: Ted Kennedy rushed to hospital

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eiregi

eiregi Member

godspeed senator kennedy, get well ... regardless of anyone's political views, i admire anyone who realized, "that my brothers' kids are my kids"... i wish people today would get that concept...

2. Very sorry for your loss.
    I know that stroke rehab's come a long way.

3. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Condolences, dyno.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My dad has had three... one serious. So yes, I have been on that side of the table and understand the seriousness of it too.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Prayers going out to you Dyno.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Family source reporting that Kennedy himself made a phone call to family after he had already been taken to ER. Could be a good sign.

Dyno, so sad to hear about your dad. Hope your family is doing okay.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

FOX is recalling some of the compromise issues where he shot down people in his own party, ie on the immigration bill, to "get things done." In some ways, he's been like a Tip O Neill, who despite being known as an extreme left-wing politician, worked pretty well with Reagan in time. No one would fault Congress for much if it DID produce effective work. Sadly, that's not seen much any more.

I'm hearing a lot of past-tense comments about him on the tube, as if people were "remembering" him. Me thinks he's having a reunion with his best friend and brother Bobby, being confronted by Mary Jo, and all the other things you'd expect to happen when arriving on the other side of life.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Shirley Maclaine.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I think it's called the afterlife. As for Shirley McClaine, whatever. I didn't know we were channeling the dead.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1094703&srvc=home&position=0

11. Yawn's close to what I meant early on.
    The guy is a giant in the history of the Senate -- Calhoun-Clay-Webster, Taft, Vandenberg, LBJ big - because he actually thought he was there to get things done. There are none of him left, I don't think.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

first, so very sorry for your recent loss, dyno. :( :( :(

second, i've always been a huge fan of ted kennedy, the politician. chappaquiddick was the end of his presidential hopes, but as an influential social studies teacher of mine put it in '74, "i believe kennedy's heart is in the right place." my folks always believed he was the sharpest mind of all the kennedy brothers.

can't begin to imagine what it was like for him to have two brothers assassinated and still try to carry on a legacy. prayers to him and all the kennedy clan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.