1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN/NYT: Alberto Gonzales quits

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FileNotFound, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Oh, yes they do.
    They only need 40 votes to filibuster a nominee.
    But they won't.
    My only hope is that they roast Skeletor's nuts over a slow fire in regards Katrina, and in regards to his role as a political hack committee counsel during the Clinton years. We must all presume he's simply going to lie about his plans for the future.

2. Nice summary:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/benchconference/2007/08/post_48.html?hpid=topnews

"Because we all benefit from a Justice Department that is fair, impartial, nonpartisan and filled with the best and brightest legal professionals the nation has to offer, we all suffer when it falls short of those ideals. The Justice Department under Gonzales was a miserable failure -- it never even came close to those lofty goals -- and now, finally, it is gone. Good riddance to it."

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Oh, yes they do.
    They only need 40 votes to filibuster a nominee.
    But they won't.
    My only hope is that they roast Skeletor's nuts over a slow fire in regards Katrina, and in regards to his role as a political hack committee counsel during the Clinton years. We must all presume he's simply going to lie about his plans for the future.
    [/quote]

You are right, Fenian. I had 60 stuck in my head, not 40.

Considering how Chertoff also was a member (briefly) of the Clinton administration, he won't be thrown under the bus totally.

4. Politically, I agree with you.
    I would like the slow-roast confirmation stategy, though, at least.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

6. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Well, at least he retires as AG with no career kills.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Remarkable.

Predictable, batshit crazy and oblivious.

But remarkable nonetheless.

8. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Hey, Reno had a scoreboard full. Just saying.
    I know, I know, anyone who disagrees with you is "oblivious", blah blah blah.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not sure that was the intent Jimmy. But talking about the "scoreboard" isn't really the be-all, end-all, is it?

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Don't the nine fired state prosecutors count?

11. Except in Texas, of course.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I couldn't help but wonder, as I watched Shrub decry the state of the nation, where a "good man" can have his "good name drug through the mud" for "political purposes," what Max Cleland would have to say about that.

I wonder what John McCain would say, too. Off the record.

Draft saved Draft deleted