1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN/NYT: Alberto Gonzales quits

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FileNotFound, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Lord knows you wouldn't want to screw up the general vibe the administration has by bringing in someone competent from the outside. Geez. Oh well, at least Gonzales is gone.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My money's on Dim Son calling Harriet Miers back. Fortunately, I am a journalist and don't have much of that.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

These will tough shoes to fill. Bush went from bad (Ashcroft) to worse (Alberto). How's he going to find someone even worser?

5. My sources tell me Nancy Grace is considered the frontrunner.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i believe AP style is worsester ... either that or that's steak sauce. fuck, i don't know any more.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You, puppie person, have a special talent for promoting ineptitude. You should be a high-ranking Bush official.

8. And how exactly does the mighty Josh Bolton "make" anyone do that? Gunpoint? Thumbscrews. I have to believe that the various folk running to succeed the WPE from his own party had a little throw-us-a-fricking-bone-here input on this one. One anchor in he top spot they could deal with, but a wreath of anchors is too much for any of them to handle.
    Schumer was already on CNN this morning, declaring his willingness to "move forward" -- which is to say, to roll over for Skeletor Chertoff, who presided over Brownie and the Katrina clusterf**k. Happy anniversary, JD. Heckuva job, boys.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That Fenian waited till the 19th post of this thread to weigh in is one of the biggest upsets in SportsJournalists.com history.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Doc, in fairness, this broke pretty early this morning. That hard-partying Fenian needs some time to recover.

Who do you suggest? Not like Democrats have enough in the Senate to filibuster a nominee.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No, but they have enough to vote no straight up.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Their lead is so slim in the Senate, and Lieberman is a virtual lock to jump sides now, that being too confrontational is bad strategy.

Draft saved Draft deleted