1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN: Leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, May 8, 2008.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't get the connection. Again, is this good news? Bad news?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Any time is a good time to show that funny picture.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

If true, good news.
    If.

4. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

One thing I didn't do upon seeing that was laugh. Why would that make anyone laugh?

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

First of all, there is the juxtaposition of the flight suit against the fact that GWB spent a lot of time off from his military duty. Then there is the word "Hero." You see, GWB isn't really a hero, far from it in fact. So calling him one drives home this point.

Comedy can be difficult to understand sometimes, so I welcome you to check back with me if you fail to get any other jokes.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

This is one tough guy. He's already died like five times.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because the guy on the right connected the Iraq War to the tragedy of Sept. 11, 2001. Then, within six weeks after we went into Iraq, the guy on the right decides to proclaim the war over, even though we: 1. Hadn't captured Saddam yet, 2. Hadn't found those weapons of mass destruction, and 3. Our troops were still in harm's way. Repubs were even saying that they were going to use the image in his political ads. The reason they didn't, of course, was that the war wasn't actually over.

I find the photo amusing, because it sums up everything that has been wrong with this president on the Iraq war. The guy went to war for his own political advantage, and it's pretty blatant that he was wrong that the war was over.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Of course, on Sept. 11, 2001 there was no head of Al-Qaeda in Iraq because there was no Al-Qaeda in Iraq.

By the way, whatever happned to the head of Al-Qaeda who actually planned the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks? Anybody here anything about him lately or has our Moron in Chief just decided to forget about him?

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Yeah, isn't it about time we got another one of those 'We're not sure where Bin Laden is, but we're still trying really, really, really hard to find him' stories?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

So long as W's so queer with the Five Families of the Saudi power structure, you can rest assured that OBL will NEVER be captured by this regime, let alone killed.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thought it didn't matter if we captured OBL or not. At least, that's what President Flightsuit said, and he's never wrong, is he?

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Lot of not-so-charming obfuscation eminating from the figurehead of the present regime on this particular topic, ain't there?

Draft saved Draft deleted